Tuesday, June 11, 2013

This Man - review

I really don't know where to start with this book. I liked part of it, hated most of it and loved some of it too. Let me start by saying that I've heard so many good things about this book that I couldn't wait to read it. Unfortunately, I don't share the same enthusiasm as everyone else. 

This Man started out promising. Ava O'Shea, interior designer, hired to work for Lord Jesse Ward at The Manor. Sounds intriguing. I keep reading only to find out nothing about Jesse or Ava or The Manor. For me, Jesse was a controlling, demanding, unreasonable, intense, crazy, overprotective, possessive, stalker. Sure he was sexy but he used sex to manipulate the unprofessional, naive, intimidated Ava. Every time she attempted to stand up for herself, Jesse told her how it was going to be. And she obeyed. Ugh. Stupid girl. I would have walked once he cut up my dress! Just saying.

As for the plot, I didn't really feel like there was one. If it wasn't for the sex, I'd have left The Manor a long time ago! Nothing actually happened until the end but of course I'll keep reading because it's like a bad train wreck that you can't look away from. and I want to find out more about these characters in hopes that they change my mind about this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment