Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Love, In English - review

Love, In English is Karina Halle's best work to date!!! I loved everything about it, from the plot, to the characters, to the setting, to the ending. It was exciting, adventurous and makes me want to get on a plane to Spain!

When Vera Miles is offered the opportunity to go to Spain to teach conversational English to Spanish business men she takes it. It's there that she meets Mateo Casalles who is married, a father and just so happens to be a sexy ex-soccer player. Vera is the exact opposite of him. She's young, single and carefree yet she has a good head on her shoulders. Vera and Mateo form a friendship that turns into so much more.

Love, in English is a bit controversial yet undeniably complicated. There is no sugar coating the love and hardship that Mateo and Vera discover. 

“You can fall in love in a second,” she said with a snap of her fingers. “The heart has no regard for time.”
Karina Halle, Love, In English 


This book seduced me. I fell in love, had my heart broken, put back together and made me believe that true love happens when you least expect it. Love, in English is a beautiful story that I'm happy to have read. One of the best of the year so far!




No comments:

Post a Comment