Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Mud Vein - review

Let me just start by saying that I read this book a few weeks ago and had to completely digest it before I went right into a review that I may regret later.

As I sit here writing this review, I'm still completely torn. I hated this book because it completely sucked me in and then just let me down. Every morning I read this on the elliptical and there were times that I just kept going and other times where I just wanted it over! As much as I'm talking about the workout, I mean the book too! The story line was just okay for me. It took a long time to build up to the dramatic ending that left me in complete shock and not sure how to react.

I didn't care for Senna at all. Yes, I felt bad for her because she had so many terrible things happen to her in her life yet she had Isaac and she kept pushing him away. As for Isaac, everyone deserves to have someone that makes them look forward to tomorrow and someone who will love you regardless of all the bad.

“What’s the difference?” I asked him. “Between the love of your life, and your soulmate?”
“One is a choice, and one is not.” - Tarryn Fisher


I love that Tarryn pushes the envelope with Mud Vein! Not many authors can do that yet Tarryn Fisher can without a paper cut! I am a forever fan and can't wait for what she thinks up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment