Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Present Perfect - review

Present Perfect was awesomely perfect! I simply loved this book from the first entry to the last page. Though it should come with a warning label, DO NOT READ THE END AT WORK!!!

Amanda Kelly has spend her entire life living in the shadow of her perfect older sister and constantly striving for perfection herself. The only perfect thing in her life was her best friend, Noah. (I love Noah!!!) They have shared so much together from their birthday, their first steps to their first kiss. As they get older and are just about to cross that friendship line, Amanda pulls away. She knows that she loves Noah but doesn't think she is good enough for him and she doesn't want to ruin their relationship and ultimately lose Noah as a friend. 

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." - Author Unknown, Alison Bailey

Life keeps on moving and the two remain best friends. Then Amanda comes face to face with a life changing event that completely rocked my world. I was not even close to ready for what was coming and from that point on the tears were flowing. Get your tissues ready! 

"You can't do anything about the past and people like us don't know if we have a future. The past doesn't exist anymore. All we have is the present. The present is perfect." - Alison Bailey

"By my side, I had the love of my life, my soul mate, my hero and what could be more perfect than that." - Alison Bailey

This book is about friendship, love, living in the present and making sure that everyone you love gets their thank you and goodbye. I honestly can't recommend this book enough. It was emotional, heartbreaking, intense and a stunningly perfect debut from this author. I can't wait to read more books by her.




No comments:

Post a Comment