Wednesday, October 17, 2012

50 Shades of Grey - reviews

Oh Fifty! I can't believe I haven't reviewed this series yet considering it brought back my reading addiction. For three straight days all I could do was read about the hot, sexy, billionaire known as Christian Grey! 
  
When Christian meets Miss Anastasia Steele, he is completely taken by her and wants her but on his terms. He presents Ana with a shocking contract which she carefully processes in order to see if she can actually have a relationship with him. While Christian has his own secrets and tortured past, Ana is discovering her own dark desires while learning more about Christian.

“I want you sore, baby,” he murmurs, and he continues his sweet, leisurely torment, backward, forward. “Every time you move tomorrow, I want you to be reminded that I’ve been here. Only me. You are mine.” E.L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey

Okay Christian.....that's hot! And believe it or not, there is actually a storyline to be found in this series and a hell of a cliffhanger at the end of this book. I actually thought my kindle broke because the book just stopped. Luckily, I didn't have to wait for book 2.




Fifty Shades Darker picked up right where the first left off. Ana had broken it off with Christian because she couldn't get used to the contract and being a submissive in a relationship. She also wanted to start working at a publishing house.  The problem is that Christian still dominates her every thought. He doesn't want to be without her either and is willing to get rid of the contract so that they can  be together.

“Let me ask you something first. Do you want a regular vanilla relationship with no kinky fuckery at all?"  My mouth drops open. 
"Kinky fuckery?" I squeak.  "Kinky fuckery." 
"I like your kinky fuckery," I whisper.”
E.L. James, Fifty Shades Darker


I really liked how Christian started opening up in this book and we get a glimpse of his childhood and how he got to where he is. I loved the emails back and forth between Christian and Ana. They were witty, fun and sexy. Every time Christian said, "We aim to please, Miss Steele" and "laters, baby" I found myself smiling. Definitely a sweeter side of Mr. Grey but we still get his fifty shades too.
The suspenseful storyline continued with some clever twists and turns to keep you guessing what will happen next (after recovering from some hot sex scenes). 



I can't get enough fifty and never want it to end! 

Fifty Shades Freed was and excellent ending to the trilogy. And it contained my favorite scene out of all the books (no, I'm not telling which one that is ;) but lets just say it's super hot)!   

Ana's inner goddess is back and in full effect and Christian still has his domineering ways but the two of them have found their happy medium. It's not all vanilla and not all BDSM! 

The ending was perfect! I loved the epilogue and the bonus chapter with Christian meeting Ana for the first time from his point of view. Wouldn't mind re-reading the entire series from Christian's perspective but that's all we get for now.

So now we wait to see who is going to get to act out this series on the big screen. Let's hope we aren't disappointed!



“Sometimes I wonder if there's something wrong with me. Perhaps I've spent too long in the company of my literary romantic heroes, and consequently my ideals and expectations are far too high.”
E.L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey


No comments:

Post a Comment