Thursday, October 18, 2012

Poughkeepsie - review

I wanted to like this book so much more than I actually did. I had Poughkeepsie on my to-read list for a month or so and once it took over my Twitter feed I felt it was time to read it. The first 25 percent of the book was intriguing and then it fell a bit short and I completely lost interest.

Blake Hartt is homeless and every day he sits in the shade at the Poughkeepsie train station counting the smiles of Livia McHugh. When Livia and Blake finally begin talking, their friendship grows into more when they awaken something in each other.

There is also interwoven tales of love within the story between Blake's "brothers". I guess the story line was a little too far fetched for me to enjoy. For those of you who are interested, there will be a book 2 in the series by Debra Anastasia.

No comments:

Post a Comment