Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Out of Breath - review

AAAhhhhhh finally! The 3rd and final installment of The Breathing Series (that I have been impatiently waiting for)! I do have to say that I'm a little upset this book compared to the first two. While there were some good parts there were also some confusing parts and plenty of unnecessary pages.

Reason to Breathe and Barely Breathing were both emotional, intense, disturbing, heart breaking and truly gripping. I feel as though Out of Breath did just that, ran out of breath. I was hoping for so much more. Especially more of Evan and Emma. Their story was what mattered most, it was what we were all waiting for!

The story started a little slow but ultimately ended up where it was supposed to. It took a while to get there and when we did it just ended. Abruptly. Without a proper epilogue. Really?! After all that time and drama, and anxiety and waiting! That's it?! *Sigh* 
Huge disappointment to say the least. 

With that being said, I'm happy that Emma and Evan's story is over and we can all breathe again. It truly saddens me that some people have to deal with the emotional abuse that Emma endured especially from her own family. I also look forward to reading more from Rebecca Donovan. I will not let this ending effect that!


No comments:

Post a Comment