Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Safe Word - review

Okay, judging a book by the cover here, I love it! Actually reading the book, I'm a little disappointed. While I didn't hate the book, it just wasn't what I expected. Especially the title! Kidnapping, check. Hot guy, check. Good storyline, check. Sexy scenes, check. All the makings of a good book yet it just sort of fell flat for me. 

When Colt Bishop walks into a bar looking for his next victim to kidnap for ransom, he comes across the one girl from his past who got away. He takes her home and at one point she says, "I thought being kidnapped would be much more interesting". My thoughts exactly! I feel like I didn't really get to know the characters well enough. Even though I  enjoyed the flashbacks, which helped get a glimpse of their history together, everything in the book just felt rushed. Even the sex scenes:(

I'm giving this fast paced read is a decent 3.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment