Friday, September 7, 2012

Flat Out Love - review

I have had this book on my to-read list for a while now and FINNally got around to reading it! I had really high expectations going into this book and although it wasn't what I expected it didn't fall FLAT. Okay, I'm done with the cheesy puns! Now...

First off, I love the characters! Julie is beginning her college career in Boston and when her housing falls through she ends up staying with her mother's best friend and her family.  Erin & Roger are extremely smart yet both are emotionally distant.  Finn, the oldest son is the perfect child, ruggedly handsome and off traveling the world. Matt is the MIT geek, super smart, witty and charming middle child and Celeste, the youngest, is just as smart yet carries a life-sized cut out of her brother Finn everywhere she goes. There is also a family secret that no one will disclose to Julie. She forms a special connection with each of the family members but when the family secret is exposed, everything changes. 

Flat-Out Love dealt well with the emotional pain that a family can bear, how it effects their relationships with each other and it was wonderful to see the characters grow. The writing was great and the e-mails and facebook status updates were highly entertaining. I am giving this book 4-4.5 stars! Worth the read!

No comments:

Post a Comment