Friday, September 14, 2012

The Undeparted - review

Book 1 in the Undeparted Series.....

Cassandra is the only mortal to resist being bitten by a vampire. She is now trying to figure out if that night was real or just a dream.  Her boyfriend, police officer, Mike Lapp doesn't believe that vampires exist and neither does her best friend and colleague, Lucy.  Quentin, the mysterious vampire is determined to have Cass believe in him and will do what it takes to prove himself to her because she has awakened something in him that he has suppressed for many years.  Quentin decides to blackmail Cassandra by setting up Mike for a murder that he didn't commit. Cassandra surrenders herself to him but when Mike comes to rescue her she realizes that people are not what they appear to be.

I really enjoyed this book. Quentin was mysterious and not my "normal" vampire type that I'm used to but I admit that halfway through I was so intrigued. Wouldn't mind learning more about Christian either (hint, hint)! The ending completely shocked me. What a great turn of events!  I can't wait to read more of the series!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment